Friday, May 7, 2010

NASA Tweetup JSC

So, yea, I got accepted to the NASA Tweetup at Johnson Space Center in Houston, TX! Really did not expect to be picked. The way I understand it, 150 people are randomly selected from twitter (from those who register) to attend the Tweetup at Kennedy Space Center in Florida and 150 for the one at JSC. I actually applied for both, and, as anyone would probably admit, I would rather have been selected for the one at KSC! I mean, who doesn't want to see a space shuttle launch! But, I'm also not going to argue with going to Texas, as it is also a rare experience. Especially since the shuttle program is soon to be extinct. I am super honored to be able to go.


I'm not one hundred percent sure as to what will be the exact itinerary for the day, but I know it involves presentations, tours, lunch, and a "meet and greet" with mission controllers and flight directors. Awesome. The only way this could get any better, is if I got to meet Gene Kranz. That guy is pretty much my hero when it comes to America's space program. He was one of the original flight directors at Johnson during the Gemini and Apollo programs. He was also the acting director during the Apollo 11 moon landing, and was one of the primary factors in dealing with the Apollo 13 incident. Yes, my space hero is not an astronaut, but a mission controller.

I'm going to do my best to take as many pictures as possible and will definitely tweet often throughout the day, as that is kind of the point of the Tweetup. Unfortunately, with my laptop KIA, I might be a bit limited with what I can do, but I do not think there will be time for a laptop anyway, so maybe it will not matter. Regardless, there will be many pictures, hopefully some interviews, and lots of tweets. So, if your interested in my activity throughout May 19, pay attention to my twitter, and if you know of anyone who might be interested in NASA, JSC, the space shuttle mission, or space in general, then send them over to my twitter to follow me!

No comments:

Post a Comment